Friday, September 10, 2004

Dazed and Confused, In Search of a Revelation

Yes. The title makes it sound like I'm going to say something profound, or possibly biblical, here. Those of you who know me will know that I'm going to say neither. I have come to a crossroads in my educational journey. Is it wise to essentially slaughter one semester in favour of another? Or is that showing a level of favouritism simply unacceptable to the powers that govern the lovely educational institution I like to call home? I shall explain. In my quest to go to South America next semester, I have essentially made the next three months of my life a living hell. I am now taking 6 courses this semester, as well as working two jobs. I'm at school from 9am till either 3 or 3:30 every day, and the only day of the week that I don't work is Friday. Ahhh, dear sweet Friday. Next semester, on the other hand, shall be sweet. I'm done at 11 on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, and done at 12:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays. Plus, I only have one Tuesday-Thursday class, which means that chances are, I'll be able to work midterms to go visit Jay. This is rather exciting...assuming I survive first semester. In return for all my hard work, I have been told to demand a night to remember. Apparently it is my right, and I should not give up the fight for Justice (yes, I felt that it was an important word, and needed capitalizing. From now on, I shall capitalize all words I feel are important. Like Banana. Or Ravioli.) So, on that note, I shall try my best to make Heather and Jamaal proud. Heh.

On a completely unrelated note, I had a dream about Squirrels (important enough to be capitalized) last night. I think it was possibly brought on by Megan's email about Squirrels and the apocalypse (not important enough to be capitalized.) Although really, my dream contained a bunch of Squirrels trying to take over the world. Said Squirrels had somehow managed to get a hold of a large number of giant acorns (which I assume to be the Squirrel equivalent of 'nucular' weapons) which they delighted in trying to crush people with. It was rather alarming, running away from a small army of Squirrels brandishing large acorns. Shudder.

That being said, I don't know if I have much left to write. I spent a disproportionate amount of my afternoon running around campus, from the Arts Faculty Office (only capitalized because it is a title, and we learned in like Grade 1 to capitalize the names of people and places) to the Science Faculty Office, and then to the Admin building, and back and forth between HUB and SUB about a billion times. I think I finally have everything sorted out though. My academic career is looking slightly brighter. As are my chances of going to South America. So all in all, I think its been a rather productive day. I still haven't found my revelation though. Hmm...maybe I put it in the freezer...

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather S. said...

That;s right, demand a night to remember! Were the squirrels in your dream stuffing the hood of my old minivan with pine cones? If they were, maybe it wasn't a dream. I'm sorry, I'm fucking smashed.

September 11, 2004 at 2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've decided to make it a goal of mine to post a comment on all of your blogs. Why? I dont know. But anyways here goes. You had a dream about squirrels taking over the world! Did you ever consider that you may be a prophet?! Im getting the feeling that most people did not take my dire warning of the apocalyptic squirrels seriously. Im not crazy people! They are coming! The dean at school laughed me out of his office - but i will have the last laugh! Prepare for the coming of the cannibal squirrels fools!

September 11, 2004 at 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whrere the hell is my comment? its the squirrels they are sabotaging my warnings!
Megan

September 11, 2004 at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home