Thursday, September 16, 2004

Even Better Than Monopoly!

So I have a new game, which is, as the title states, even better than Monopoly (capitalized for good reason.) I take random household objects, hide them, and then watch the madness that ensues as my family frantically try to look for whatever it is that I've hidden. It is rather entertaining. My first conquest was the toothpaste. I found a brand new tube of toothpaste sitting in the main floor bathroom, so I safely secured it in my sock drawer. You wouldn't believe the commotion I caused. At like 11:30, I hear my mom start to shriek because the toothpaste is missing. My brother starts bitching because now he has to go ALL the way upstairs to get toothpaste, and my mother suckers my father into helping her look for the missing toothpaste. I was just lying in bed, listening to the Ruckus (DEFINITELY important enough to be capitalized. Without a doubt.) I hear mom say "but it was a brand new tube! Where could it have gone?" and my entire family was searching the house, high and low, to try to locate the missing item. I laughed. Rather enthusiastically. The toothpaste is still safely located in my sock drawer, but to mix things up a bit, I have decided to make it 'reappear' in an interesting place. I was thinking my brother's fish tank. With the fish. I can't wait to see how they react.

Another interesting tidbit of information. Mike called me last night, to tell me that in 2 weeks time, all the civil engineers get to partake in a Hard Hat Ceremony. All the civil engineers are presented with their own 'Faculty of Engineering' hard hats. Needless to say, this is the highlight of the social calendar for those poor sheltered engineers. Naz and I are also planning on crashing the ceremony. We apparently won't be allowed in, because we will be recognized as frauds, so we are going to dress up as mascots. Billy the Beam. I think it should work nicely. :)

During my talk with Mike last night, I also happened to mention that Jay's return flight was from Quito, so he was planning on taking a bus from Uruguay to Ecuador. I laughed rather hard about this...our conversation went something like this...

Mike: "Jola, its not that funny."
Me: "no no, its like 5 days on an un-airconditioned South American bus. I bet they have poultry!"
Mike: "yah, still not that funny."
Me: "no Mike, you don't know how far it is."
Mike: "I'm gonna go check my atlas."

Mike returns several seconds later, and I hear him start to chuckle. I start to giggle too, and within seconds, we're both laughing.

Mike: "That's like driving from Edmonton to Boston! No, Edmonton to Guadalajara!"
Me: "More like EDMONTON to GUATEMALA."

Which is indeed true. Have fun, Jason! When informed of this information, all Brad could say was "It'll be a miracle if that kid comes back alive." Anyways, this post being done, it is time for bed. I don't work much this weekend, so I shall have time for plenty of updates. Remind me to post about Victor and the mormons. Have a good night everyone, and stay classy, St. Albert.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather S. said...

Oh, you'd better not forget to post about our good friend "Victor" and the crazy mormons who drove him away! Haha. Seriously, he shouldn't have changed his name to Victor. He's too blonde! It's just not right, dammit.
Oh Georgie, you came and you found me a turkey.

September 18, 2004 at 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jola i think you may be losing it. I think when more things start to go missing in your house you are likely to be the prime suspect. But you know what i always say "whatever floats your boat".

Megan

September 18, 2004 at 2:36 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hi Jo!

So i actually created a blog so i could post here...who knows, i might even venture into the mysterious world of "blogging" if boredom compels me. probabbly not. anyways, just wanted to say hey, and let you know that i have completed an entry in "the book", however, have some reservations about leaving it in your mailbox. perhaps we should exchange said book in person.

your game sounds awesome. my suggestion is to put the toothpast in the fridge, where the margarine goes...or maybe in the closet, in someones coat pocket. wherever it ends up, i'm sure hilarity will ensue for you. perhaps i will try this new game at the college, in homeroom, because it is always funny to laugh at other people's confusion.

If you would like, i have a hardhat you could borrow to help with blending in at the engineer's "party" (ahem). anyways, i should really get back to watching one hit wonders on much music. have a good night.

September 21, 2004 at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home