Thursday, September 30, 2004

Hey Hey, It's Communist Monday!

Alright. So I just had a sort of memorable experience trying to log in to my blog. I typed in my username (or what I thought was my username) and my password (or what I thought was my password) and it wouldn't let me in. It said no. This Baffled (definitely important enough to be capitalized) me because I have the same number of passwords that I use for everything. I was definitely puzzled. So I told them I'd forgotten my password. I typed in my username (or what I thought was my username) and they said they were going to email me instructions on how to retrieve my password. I waited for the email, and waited, and waited, and waited. When I received no such email, I decided to try one different username with my password. Turned out I had the username wrong, not the password. So now, whoever has 'Jolanta' as a username is going to think that they have forgotten their password, when they receive about a dozen emails from the kind folk at blogger.com. All I can say to this whole escapade is that I work too much.

On Monday, Dave and I started celebrating what is soon to become a legendary holiday. Let me introduce you to Communist Monday. Every Monday, from now until the end of the semester, Dave and I shall be known as "The Commies In The Corner" (clearly important enough to warrant capitalization) to the rest of our history class. Monday was just the beginning. Dave came to class in his CCCP shirt, and I wore my Communist Flag (you know what I'm going to write here) as a cape. We sat in the back corner, and spent the entire class referring to each other as "Comrade." It was special. And rather entertaining. I also feel I should mention here that Dave does it Commie style. I don't entirely remember how this came about, but I will say this: Megan, next time Dave tries to share his pudding with you, just remember that he is trying to do it Commie style.

I also have two broken toes. I decided that I'm going to name them. My big toe (on my right foot, the left foot isn't special enough to get names) shall be Will Ferrell, and the toe next to it shall be Owen Wilson. I greatly admire the comedic talent of these two actors, so I felt it only appropriate to pay full homage to their success by naming two of my toes after them. Maybe eventually, I'll name the other three toes on my right foot after actors, too. But not my left foot. I don't like my left foot. It has never really done much for me...it's just kind of been there. So until my left foot proves its worth, I shall continue to name only the toes on my right foot after admired actors.

I think now would be a good time for me to go to bed. So, goodnight, St. Albert! Hell, goodnight Edmonton, too! I'm spreading the looooove. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather S. said...

Vince Vaughn, Jon Stewart and George Stroumboulopoulos. You'll have one sexy little toe if you name it George Stroumboulopoulos. Speaking of him, will come with me to search him out on Oct. 7?

October 1, 2004 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger Heather S. said...

Vince Vaughn, Jon Stewart and George Stroumboulopoulos. You'll have one sexy little toe if you name it George Stroumboulopoulos. Speaking of him, will come with me to search him out on Oct. 7?

October 1, 2004 at 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know what pudding you are talking about jola.

Megan

October 1, 2004 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

of course I'll come with you on the 7th, Heather. As long as I don't work...I'm sure I can move my shift though, no problem! We'll be there, searching for a lone George Stroumboulopoulos in a sea of Grant Mac Daddies! :) And Meg, we ALL know that you know about the pudding ;)

October 1, 2004 at 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home