Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Musings of a Girl Who Spends Too Much Time on a Bus

So I spent three and a half hours on a bus yesterday. Thats right. Three and a half hours. Thats the equivalent of driving to Calgary, and I never left the greater Edmonton area. Clearly, spending all this time travelling our fine transit network gave me a lot of time to think. And think I did. I thought on the bus to school. I thought on the bus to work. And I thought a lot on the 2 and a half hour (yes, thats right, two and a half hour) bus ride home from work. I came to the conclusion that me working so hard this semester isn't really worth it, because at the end of the day, I'm probably still not going to get what I want. Which is a shame, but there's nothing I can do about it I suppose, so I will accept my fate as-is. It's still a Trifle (important enough to be capitalized) depressing though.

Anyway. Onward and upward to lighter topics of conversation. I got my pictures back today. B-rad (aka Dr. Love) made me take them in on Sunday, because he wanted to see pictures of himself in Ponoka (with the Ponoka Locals, henceforth known as Ponocals.) That was by FAR the most amusing aspect of my day so far. There is one picture of Jay, with two mini bottles of Liquor (definitely important enough to be capitalized) down his shirt, and by the look on his face, you can almost hear him thinking "oooh boobies!" I can not begin to describe the humor with which I viewed these pictures. I shall have to post them somewhere on the internet, so that everyone can see, because I think they portray just the sort of stupidity that we all need more of. So thank you, pictures, for making us all look completely ridiculous. :)

Speaking of pictures, I am reminded of my weekend. Ohhhh what a weekend...late December back in '63, What a very special time for me, As I remember what a night. Back on topic.. so on Saturday night, Heather and I went to see that intern movie...Intern Academy I believe. Well, it contained all sorts of inappropriate humor, and was kind of lacking in the plot department, so needless to say, Heather and I rather enjoyed it. There was a man with a Barbie (ohh no, sorry, Malibu Mindy) lodged...well, lets just say that she's not going to be seeing the sun anytime soon. After that, it was time for a spot of dancing in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Thriller and Heterosexual Man are the two greatest songs in existence. After all our dancing, we were hungry, so we went to McDonalds for a little ice cream. Well, that plan backfired, as the trusty St. Albert RCMP were in the process of arresting someone in the McDonalds drive through. Ahhh, good ol' St. Albert Justice (important enough to be capitalized, remember?) So we found ourselves a different McDonalds. And then my car died. Well, the battery did, at least. Jump starting cars at 3am when you're not entirely sure how to use jumper cables always makes for a memorable evening!

This is a really long post. I'm not done yet. My schedule doesn't leave me time to post often, so I must take full advantage of the opportunity when it arises. On Sunday night, I got to talk to Jason. That was pretty much the highlight of my week. YAY!!! I apologize for the outburst of emotion there. I try to keep my blog dead pan, because things are usually more amusing when they are dead pan. I almost forgot to write pan there. Consequently, the sentence would have read "because things are usually more amusing when they are dead" which I suppose is also true. Dead things are funny. Hair is funny (especially Jay's when we straightened it.) Fingernails are funny. Roadkill is funny. It becomes even funnier when you dress it up like Elvis and try to sell it as one of Jola's Roadkill Creations. I am still working on setting up that stall in my front yard. I can use the additional revenue from the sales of roadkill to fund my trip to South America. Ahh, what a beautiful plan.

Well, all this talk of dead things is making me hungry, so I think I'm gonna go eat some dead cow. Have a good night, everyone.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather S. said...

It will be worth it, because you will get to South America to see Jay and experience a Night to Remember (important enough to be capitalized) to end all nights to remember. Also, let's not forget who contributed the mini bottles of rum so that Jay could sort of know what it's like to have breasts. But not really.

September 15, 2004 at 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better Jola, my car battery died 2 times in the last week and a half or so; and although i did enjoy boosting it and having to push it through parking lots in neutral i did finally give up and buy a new battery. Yay deathtrap!

Megan

September 15, 2004 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Heather S. said...

It only died because we were abusing it and taking it for granted. Shame on us. Jola...where did you hear about Georgie's little excursion to Grant Mac?

September 15, 2004 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I was looking at Erin's agenda the other night (she goes to Grant Mac) and on October 7th, it just said "George Stroumboulopoulos." So we figured he was visiting Grant Mac then...I don't know, maybe October 7th is his birthday. But why write about it in an agenda? Do enough people actually care to make it worthwhile? I doubt it. So therefore, he's visiting Grant Mac because I say so. End of story. heh

September 17, 2004 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Heather S. said...

That pleases me. Also, his birthday is in August.

September 18, 2004 at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home