Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Days go by, I can feel them flying like my hand out the window as the cars go by

The above is a line from a song. A Keith Urban song. B-rad (aka Dr. Looooove) inspired me to buy the new cd, Be Here. Its a most excellent cd, I must say, and I'd recommend it to any country music fans out there. Becky and I talked about the name Keith today. We decided that we don't really like it. I mean, Keith Urban's name is cool because his last name is Urban, and that is definitely cool enough to cover the fact that his first name is Keith (or Keitherd, as I want to say so often.) Keith Fredin just suits the name Keith. He just wouldn't be the same by any other name! But apart from that, we don't like the name Keith.

Speaking of Keith Urban reminds me of country music, which reminds me of B-rad. B-rad and I went for coffee on Monday night (or Montag nacht, to any German speakers who may be reading this) and had a rather amusing conversation about bras. B-rad will hurt me if he were ever to read this, but he never checks my blog so I'm not overly concerned. He was like "I can undo a bra with one hand in like 2 seconds. Jay taught me how to do it", to which I replied "he TAUGHT you?" Brad simply said "yah, he showed me how to do it." Well, this conjured up images of the two boys with a bra, taking it in turns to wear said bra, and practicing taking it off each other. I laughed rather hard about this. B-rad made me promise never to tell another living soul. I think maybe its true. Well probably not, but the boys in bras is an amusing mental image.

On a different front, my car ran out of gas on Monday. I rolled out of bed, wearing my neon pink and orange leopard print pyjama pants and a white tank top, to drive my brother to work. I didn't take my purse or cellphone because I thought I'd be home in 10 minutes. Boy was I wrong. I was just driving along 142nd Street, right before 167th Ave, when my car starts to shudder. Shortly after that, the gas pedal kind of stops working. My car ran out of gas and died on the side of the road. Remember when I said dead things were funny? Well my car was one dead thing that wasn't all that amusing. I thought "no problem, I'll just call my dad to come get me." Wrong again, smartass! No purse, no cellphone, boy was I screwed. I had no choice but to run across the street, dodging cars travelling at speeds in excess of 100 km/h, to flag down a car and ask to use a phone. Well eventually, I get home, get my car filled up again, and I'm good to go. But I'm sure it must have been an amusing sight to see some moron in leopard print pyjamas trying to flag down cars on a secondary highway at 10am.

I think thats enough excitement for one day. I think I might head over to Superstore at Clareview now. Grocery shopping always promises a good time. Have a good night, St. Albert. Stay classy...B-rad is still looking for a dryer to have sex on. You don't want that dire consequence to befall you. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather S. said...

They probably have to wear training bras. They're pretty flat. And whoop de do for them, I can undo a bra in less than 2 seconds. Do I get a trophy or something?

October 14, 2004 at 12:18 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Heather, you don't get a trophy. You get a Bat Mitzvah and a night of lovin with George and the prostitute turkey. Bring on WOW...the Week of Wedding. I'll see you in 72 hours, looking rather dishevelled. Have fun ;)

October 14, 2004 at 12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it takes me at least 3 seconds to undo a bra...and im the one with the most experience here. Oh well, I have many other skills - right Jola!?

Megan

October 14, 2004 at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home