Friday, October 08, 2004

Oh Georgie!

Yesterday, I was privileged enough to enjoy an evening with George Stroumboulopoulos at the fine educational institution known as G-Mac (or Grant MacEwan to those of you eloquent enough to call it that.) It was a highly momentous occasion, especially for Heather, who has been noted as saying "I want to do him" over and over again. Hugs were exchanged, pictures were taken, sex was had...okay, well maybe I went a little far. But he is an entertaining speaker. Georgie really knows his shit! His arguments and points were well thought out, and eloquently presented. He would make a fine member on any debate team. Maybe he should start a club.

On a different front, I didn't go to a single class yesterday. Naz is a bad influence. She mentioned to me that George (the one with the cookies, not the one with the really long last name) heals all ills, and that I should go to her apartment instead of going to psych. Well, I didn't need much convincing. 2 hours of Care Bears and 2 cookies later, and all was right with the world again. Speaking of George Stroumboulopoulos, can you imagine signing that? I mean really now. Heather could never marry him because, although he is the man of her dreams and she would retain the same initials even in marriage, she would never have enough room to sign 'Heather Stroumboulopoulos' on the back of a credit card. And it would take forever to sign whenever you wrote a cheque or used your Visa. I mean christ, it takes a minute to even think how to spell it. 17 letters of repetetive confusion, all contained in one last name. And when they print your name on credit and debit cards....would a card even be long enough for that? Heather will be the first person to require super sized credit cards, just so her ridiculously long name will fit.

Mike stabbed Aaron in the leg with a fork today. It was rather entertaining. Ryan, Aaron and myself went to Edo for lunch (don't even get me started on the great pronounciation debate) and then found Mike and sat down on the couches in SUB. Well, as it turns out, Aaron has a particular dislike for broccoli. As a result, he would remove all pieces of broccoli from his beef yakisoba and place them haphazardly in the lid of the container. Well, Ryan and Mike, noticing the broccoli, immediately started to fight over it. I'm glad my friends act like 6 year old children. Ryan was armed with chopsticks, while Mike had a fork. I had some doubt as to which was the more deadly weapon, but the following events erased all doubt from my mind. While battling mercilessly over the one remaining piece of broccoli, Mike wisely employed the 'plunge and stab' tactic. The only trouble was, he raised his fork a little too high while attempting the plunge. He stood up, raised his fork, and brought it crashing down towards the broccoli. But alas, he gave Ryan a little too much time, and Ryan stealthily seized the broccoli from the clutches of Mike's fork. As a result, the fork pierced the lid of the Edo container, and instead went into Aaron's leg. All hell broke loose as Aaron's piercing shriek of pain echoed through the draughty halls of the Students Union Building. And then we laughed at him.

Alright, my dramatic story aside (which, actually, is more or less entirely true), I think its about time for bed. Work tomorrow from 12-7, ohhh what an exciting life I lead. Stay classy, St. Albert, because Brad will come have sex on your dryer if you don't. Please don't let that thought ruin your sweet dreams. Auf wiedersehen :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather S. said...

1. Oh, I make NO aplogies for the fact that I want to do him. None. Like there's no tomorrow.
2. I'm sure that George has a credit card, and he must manage alright. It probably would take a little bit of practice, but I'm sure it's do-able (on and he is too, in case you were not aware of my thoughts on the matter). Also, it may take most people a minute to think about how to spell it. Not me, though.
3. I learned in History 111 that Tokyo used to be called Edo. And let the pronunciation debate continue!

October 9, 2004 at 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pfft!
Megan

October 9, 2004 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Heather S. said...

I also neglected to let you know that George found me a turkey. He did.

October 10, 2004 at 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home