Sunday, December 19, 2004

'Twas a Night to Remember

Well well well. Last night certainly was a night to remember. I came home from work last night to find my house overrun with people I don't know, seeing as my parents decided to host a catered Christmas party. With Thai food from the King and I, it was a resounding success I'd say. At any rate, I get the leftovers, which is really all that matters. I think maybe I should email Jason and tell him that I have many ziplock containers full of Thai food from the King and I sitting in my fridge. I wonder what he'd say to that? Only time will tell.

Speaking of Jason, he was the cause for last night's 'pilgrimage' to Morinville. Heather and I decided to drive up there to take some pictures of the ridiculously creepy graveyard that Jay and I discovered in the summer. It was just as creepy the second time around. I drove up to it, angled the car across the street as I did last time, and with the headlights shining through the trees onto the headstones, Heather and I decided that we weren't brave enough to actually get of the car to take a picture. We drove to the Sobey's parking lot to regather and restrategize, and went back. This time, pictures were taken, and we actually drove through the graveyard (ahh the line of headstones). Heather's comments about the headless horseman didn't really help the freak out factor at all. It really is the most frightening graveyard I think I've ever been to! And I have a lot of dead relatives. I've seen many graveyards.

Well, with our graveyard mission complete, we took a picture of us standing outside Rednex, just for good measure. And the idea of a photo diary was born. Needless to say, the title and theme of this was "A Night to Remember". I don't think Jason understands the significance of this, but that's probably a good thing. We spent the next 2 hours driving round Morinville taking pictures...

1 of me standing outside a Beauty Parlour with my hair done (heh)
1 of Heather walking towards the Morinville Credit Union
1 of Heather withdrawing $200 from the Morinville Credit Union
1 of Heather and I outside Rednex
1 of Heather and I standing by the La Maison Inn, by the sign that says 'Weddings' (we had veils made out of tp)
2 of us at our wedding reception at McDonalds
2 of Heather standing outside the Morinville Hotel, beckoning me in
1 of a closed door (the night to remember)
1 of me walking up to our honeymoon RV (it even had a bow!)
1 of me standing by a sign that read "2 bdrm house for sale. Legal"
1 of me standing outside the Remax office, pondering the listings
1 of Heather and I outside our new 2 bdrm home in Legal
1 of Heather, pregnant, struggling to get out of my car
1 of a very pregnant Heather walking towards the emergency room of the Sturgeon
1 of the resulting baby triplet gorillas
A few of me surfing on a shopping cart, just for good measure

That was the night to remember. Somewhere in there, we went to Mac's for some food. We were hungry. All-consuming fear while parked by a graveyard really does take a lot of energy! We spent like 20 minutes walking round Mac's (the one place in Morinville thats open 24-hours) and I think Tanvir, the employee on duty, was becoming rather agitated at our failure to just buy something and leave. It wouldn't have been so bad if Heather hadn't wanted one of everything she saw. We then enjoyed a picnic in the Mac's parking lot. All in all, it was a great evening, and I think Jay shall be suitably delighted at his gift. As Heather said, "he better pee his pants with appreciation." He can start peeing now. On second thought, no. I don't think I really need to know when he does that.

With that, I'm going to go and study for my last two finals tomorrow. Ohh the relief that shall be felt tomorrow night. Until then, goodnight, St. Albert!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather S. said...

I'm just saying, that's likely where the Headless Horseman would be lurking. I'm never going back again, unless I'm guaranteed to see Jay scream like a little girl.

January 8, 2005 at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home